Saturday 19 September 2009

Film Openings

For the film opening task I looked through Youtube for various film openings.

The first film opening I saw was of the film Candy.
I thought that it would be very difficult to shoot these scenes because everything is spinning and there is limited space to put the equipment.


The second film opening I saw was of the film Watchmen. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=573XmVOdD2Q)
This film opening in particular is very interesting because it is shot as slow motion moving pictures.


The third film opening I saw was of the film Jackie Brown.

At the beginning of the opening there is a lengthy shot which lasts at least 1 minute which makes the audience wonder what could happen next.

I have not seen any of these films mentioned above.

I think that the opening of Watchmen is the most interesting. The style it is shot in differs of what most of the films use as an opening. I think that it adds a feeling to it as if you would freeze the time and also see a bit of movement. It is also shot with a dark theme to it so that it suggests that this film is dark and somber.
As the scenes develop the 'moving' pictures seem to become more and more to actual film sequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment